|The public is cordially invited to the
29th Annual Dandelion Day Celebration
At the Historic Ard Godfrey House
Minneapolis’ Oldest Surviving Wood Frame House
Sunday, May 21 • 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Dandelion Day celebrates Harriet Godfrey’s introduction of dandelion seeds to the St. Anthony Falls area.
- Learn how to make dandelion necklaces, bracelets and crowns, just as Helen Godfrey did as a child.
- Have a dandelion painted on your cheek or chin, or get a temporary tattoo!
Take home a complimentary recipe booklet which includes recipes for dandelion coffee, tea, salad and wine, and learn other ways “teeth of the lion” were used throughout history.
- Free Godfrey buttons for the kids.
- Tour the charming yellow Ard Godfrey House with hostesses dressed in 1850s period costume.
Admission is FREE; donations are welcome. Restored by The Woman’s Club of Minneapolis, it has been open to the public since 1979.
Dandelion Day marks the beginning of the summer tour season at the Ard Godfrey House. Tours are available June 4 – Aug. 27, Saturdays and Sundays only, 1:00 – 4:00 pm.
Special group tours may be arranged year round by calling 612-781-8791.